Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Hunt's Pasta Sauce - Garlic & Herb

This is super cheap (less than 1$), and it comes in a can, so my assumption is that it's awful low quality swill. But it's not; not really - the ingredos are tomato, carrot, oil, salt, spice, not even sugar, so that's all respectable enough. The calories/serving size/amount is the same as a jarred sauce, so that's all fine. I'm assuming I can store the leftover in a tupperware, so that all seems fine. However, this is really thin/smooth, which is a bit disconcerting. It doesn't taste that good, but it doesn't taste bad either - kind of like a generic red paste. If I hadn't read the ingredients I'd have assumed there was sugar in it, but I guess it just tastes like tomato and salt. Maybe it's suffering from lack of cheese/onion? It's also making my tooth hurt like crazy, which is scary since I can't go to a dentist right now. Hopefully it is just a fluke! Anyway, would I get this again? In quarantine, probably (assuming the tooth thing resolves), but in normal shopping-at-stores life, probably not.

Overall
Cost: 8/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment