Monday, February 24, 2020

Saul Good

After this review, I'm officially done with the Lexington chapter of this blog for the foreseeable future, and I'm so thankful I finished it off before I got the official rejection from my dream job there that I know is coming but didn't officially come yet (will it at all? academia!). Whew, what a weird and sad weight on me. :D:

Anyway, this, like many of the other KY restos, was (surprisingly?) solid! Apparently it is a mini-chain and the other two have cool zebra print on the outside, but this seemed just like a normal resto. It was my last night and my eating companions got one, so I even had a beer - a nice local IPA/sour! (Is this why I didn't get the job?? ha ha! ack!). But I digress. I ordered the Cajun Chicken Pasta and it was huge and delicious, just like it sounds. A fun sidenote: I informed the waiter I have a nut allergy, as you do, and all seemed fine. But midway through eating, a different man (the manager?) came to the table and was like "Is there a nut allergy here?" and I thought I was 100% about to die, but he just read about the FDA approving the peanut pill and wanted to tell me. I think you can guess my thoughts on the peanut pill, but lol at this man who was trying to be nice and friendly but nearly killed me via heart attack!! And the restaurant did have peanuts on the menu in some places, so I was anxious already. But I indeed didn't die. Whew. Amen. Catch you tomorrow for a nice, unemotional skittles review. :)

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment