Friday, February 7, 2020

Izzo's Illegal Burrito

This was another new-to-me chain in New Orleans that I ate at out of sheer lack of options. But I figured it'd be similar to Chipotle/Moe's/Qdoba, right? And it was nut-free and that's nice. But it was really most similar to the freakin' "Burrito Elito" Cal Tort knock off in the Philly airport that is super awkward, dry, bad, overpriced, missing half the menu items, and the workers are baffled by a customer's presence. I always think it will be different there, by the way, and it never is! I wish CalTort were still around.

ANYWAY, this place was dry and bad and didn't have half the ingredients their website says they do. I wanted, like, guac. But I got chicken in I think soft tacos, with sparse lettuce and maybe chips and queso (the best part was this tiny queso). Not great, but it was food and not nuts. Desperation option.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10 (Compared to New Orleans, not compared to TexMex fastfood)

No comments:

Post a Comment