Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Vahdam Teas

This was a sample pack of 5 different teas, which is fun. I wasn't allergic to any of them (they listed the ingredients, thankfully) either!

India's Original Masala Chai Tea: At first I thought "this is too hot/this is too weak/blech/am I dying?" all at once, but after it cooled down it got to taste much more cinnamon-y and clove-y and just like a nice warm spicy juice drink. Not too shabby in the end. 6.

Turmeric Spiced Herbal Tea: This wasn't as spicy/sweet/flavorful as the chai tea from this pack. But, it didn't kill me and I couldn't really taste the lemongrass in it, which is good because I hate lemongrass. It was also yellow in color which was pretty fun. But the taste was very very mild. 5.

Himalayan Green Tea: This looks like water! Honestly it also kind of tastes like water. I.e. it tastes like nothing. A warm nothing, though, perhaps like a very watered down black tea. Did I make it wrong? Who knows! I guess it was OK. 5.

Darjeeling Summer Black Tea: Apparently, this is known as the "champagne of teas". Well, I do like champagne, and I do like black tea better than green or herbal tea, it seems. This just tasted like plain black tea, which is something I'm old hat at by now, so it was solid, comforting, and decent. Plus it has caffeine! 6.

Chamomile Mint Citrus Green Tea: This smelled pretty gross upon teabaggin', but it tasted mainly of mint with a touch of floral flavor. It was fairly refreshing. 6.

Turmeric Ginger Herbal Tea Tisane: This was loose-leaf, and it's just turmeric and ginger! (No tea at all, really). I made it in my cool see-thru brew bottle, and it's super orangey in color which is fun. Classic Turme I guess. The taste is fine, nothing crazy good but it mostly tastes like ginger to me, which I do like. Warm, watery, and a tiny bit spicy. 6.

Turmeric Pepper Herbal Tea Tisane: This was loose-leaf also, and has turmeric, black pepper, cloves, and cardamom. It ended up being a pretty orange-ish brown color. It had a little bit of spice flavor, which is nice, but it could use ginger and cinnamon in my humble opinion. A little plain for my taste. Can't really taste the pepper, which is probably for the best. 6.



Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10, on average


No comments:

Post a Comment