Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Uncle Dougie's Sweet & Snappy Small Batch BBQ Sauce

BBQ sauce is a good sauce to have around, for cooking and dipping. This is more of a cooking-only sauce, though, I think. Compared to Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (the holy grail of BBQ sauce) this is much thinner and less sweet. I cooked chicken in it and I still thought the sauce was a bit too watery. But, when I left the chicken in the fridge it kind of firmed up and was tastier and more BBQy. So it could work in a long term marinade situation. Probably good in the slow cooker, too. The taste was fine, but not as sweet or tomatoey as I think I like. It was more savory/smokey, but not super strong either. Overall fine, I'll probably finish this off eventually since it keeps for a long time. Nice jar/packaging too.


Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment