Sunday, January 27, 2019

Horse Inn

I feel like hipsters would love this place. Unfortunately, my allergies prevent me from being a true hipster. I can never truly be free. You feel me, allergy brethren? Anyway, this is a speakeasy on a quiet residential street in Lanc. Pretty cool. When you get inside, it's crowded and has an intimate feel despite the decently large population inside and the bar/dining/little bar games. My boyf's friend brother works here, so we had like, special treatment, which was cool because they don't take reservations and it looked pretty crowded. They serve boiled peanuts (!!!) as an app, so it was scary, but the dish I got (chicken) was tasty, and the waiter said he'd make a note of my allergy and he seemed pretty aware, because he told me the apps other people ordered weren't safe. So I felt decently safe, and the food really was good (although not super huge, especially for the price - guess that's how you know it's fancy!). They also have a lot of eclectic cocktails which I was scared to order, and only canned beers, which is cool. I got an Anderson Valley Blood Orange, Gose, which was good. If I didn't have nut allergies I'd probably rate this place higher, but even as is I enjoyed it overall.

Overall
Cost: 4/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment