Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Knorr Selects - Spinach & Artichoke Rice

Ooh, Knorr "selects". These are new and this was on sale, so I was excited to try it. I figured it'd be fancier than just your standard Knorr rice packets, which are already quite good. Unfortunately this bad boy was worse than the unfancy ones. It was like bad orzo instead of rice, with a way too strong bad cheese flavor (possibly asiago?) which was not a flavor I enjoyed. It also didn't really cook down well; there was a bit of a crunch remaining. It didn't taste to me like a spinach/artichoke dip at all. I added veg to this to try to mute the flavor, but then it became like eating a chunky nothing-paste. A chore almost. There were little tiny bits of spinach in the rice, and those did add some small moments of joy. I recommend you get a regular rice pack instead of this! Although I will probably still try out the other new fancy ones sometime. . . obvi.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [On sale for 2$]
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment