Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Dave's Gourmet - Ginger Citrus Creamy Hot Sauce

I was hovering between rating this a 4 and a 5, but because I really only ate it on raw veggies (brocco/cauli) I rounded up. They recommend trying this with chips (?!) and I think I should try it on some chicken, my go-to sauce sponge. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Anyway, this is "creamy" but also vegan, so you know it's gonna be a little bit funky. I found it to be quite hot/spicy, with a vinegary flavor. It got to be a little too much for me after a short while, not in terms of heat but just in terms of the flavor. I guess the combo of vinegar/cumin(warning for nut allergy people?)/hot pepper isn't my favorite. I will say I emailed the company to ask if this was safe for me, since they also sell nuts, and they said that basically the nuts were a separate line and I'd be fine. I wasn't super convinced but at least they answered me quickly, and indeed I didn't die, so I guess the story checks out.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment