Monday, January 21, 2019

The Three Monkeys

Whew. Went to this place after walking all around NYC trying to meet up with friends, so I was very sweaty and relieved to arrive at a normal bar with a cool group of people (Sandy & co!). This is called a "beer hall" on Google, and I'm not really sure what that is, but it was in effect a slightly hipper BWW-esque sports bar. It might even be a local chain, I'm not sure. They had a cool selection of eclectic beers and a fairly standard pub menu. It was a big place, 2 stories, with fun 90s mashups on the TV as the hour got later. I ordered a Margherita flatbread which was 14$ but actually decent sized, like 6-7 long bread slices. It was decently tasty and filling and also didn't kill me (I didn't ask about allergies here as it was too loud/awkward). For beer I got the Stillwater Insetto, which was a great sour beer (fun pinkish color even) and I'd definitely get it again if I ever saw it. Generally this seemed like a cool place to hang out, and not too ~wacky~ for allergy folks.

Overall
Cost: 6/10 (Very reasonable for NYC)
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment