Saturday, December 30, 2017

Leinenkugel's Grapefruit Shandy

I know I already have a little entry about beers/alc I'm not allergic to, but that was from a younger me who didn't like drinking as much, so now I feel justified in giving alcoholic beverages their own entries. Unfortunately, even though its been five years, labelling on drinks hasn't improved much in the US. And there are more peanut butter beers than ever. Luckily, most companies are happy to answer questions via email.

Anyway, I always liked Leineys, even before I liked plain beer. The summer shandy is a classic. But this grapefruit version improves on the original quite a bit! It has a nice strong citrus flavor to it, a little sour and fairly sweet (but definitely not cider territories). For someone who loves sour beers and also likes citrus/wheat beers, this is a nice, mild, sweet treat. It's also only 4.2% alc so you don't get embarrassed at the club. Highly recommend! I'm not sure if this is seasonal or not, but I got it in the fall.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment