Sunday, December 10, 2017

Fuddrucker's

My first experience with a Fuddrucker's was just OK! They don't have any allergy info online, despite being a chain, which is frustrating. It's also counter service, and you can order on a touch screen, which is cool but bad for allergy questions. Was able to ask an employee if they use peanut oil though, and they said no. The menu also appears to be nut-free except the desserts and some almonds on salads.

So, I got a custom burger combo (1/3lb) with mushroom and cheese and avocado. It came with a drink and a side; I picked a side salad. Turns out this cost 14$, which seems like way too much, but maybe I ordered dumbly. Anyway, the burger was good, definitely juicy and I liked the mushrooms a lot. They also have a little toppings bar for lettuce/tomato/onion/sauce if you eat in, which is nice and it looked very clean. The side salad was generous and tasty, although I didn't get dressing because they only have Italian and ranch types (no red or orange stuff!). We also ordered to-go and they gave us for-here, but I liked eating there so it worked out. Plus they just opened, so we'll give it time.

One other downside about the touchscreen ordering though: you can't customize the salads. So I wanted a Cobb salad with no bleu cheese but there was no way to order this! Otherwise the venue is chill.

Bacon Double Cheddar Burger (small): Ahh this made me so ill. They also had a PBJ milkshake on offer, which made me feel scared. On the other hand, they were giving out free bottles of beer, so that was nice. But yeah. The burger was extremely filling, but too fatty and almost too sweet. Plus this was just a plain burger with an extra slice of cheese and 2 sad looking bacon strips on it. And so wet with grease. I like that I can add infinite ketchup and tomato, but the whole enterprise was messy and sweaty. Would have got a salad but apparently the touchscreens are no more and the humans take your order now, and it's a lineup scenario, so there's time pressure. SIGH! 4/10

Overall
Cost: 4/10 (10-20$)
Taste: 6/10

Q says: Pretty good, I liked it. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment