Sunday, December 17, 2017

Jennie-O's Turkey Breast Tenderloin

After a solo Thanksgiving I was looking for some small turkey bits, maybe some thighs or cutlets or something, and besides ground turkey this is all my local Acme had. So, I bought the frozen loin, curious and optimistic. I decided to make it in the slow cooker, following the instructions online, and I added some Bell's seasoning as well. Sadly, this was a big letdown. The cooking was easy, and it came out as 4 nice size hunks, but the taste was really processed and not at all like real turkey. I know it contains "up to 30% water/filler/???" but you can really tell. Like a bad smokey lunchmeat chunk, or something. Very watery and bland yet bad at the same time, even when smothered with gravy and stuffing. Will not return down this road, even if it's the only option! I'll just get a ham slice!

Overall
Cost: 6/10 (on sale for 5$, which is good for meat)
Taste: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment