Friday, July 13, 2012

Arby's

I love Arby's! I think it's my 2nd favorite fast food joint. (If you're curious, Yoshinoya, Burger King, KFC, and Quiznos fill out my top 5.)  [Edit for 2020: I live on the East Coast now and BK is nut-city, so I guess the rest of the top 5 is now: KFC, Taco Bell, Wendy's, and Jersey Mikes. But I love Yoshinoya still!] Plus, I don't think there are any peanuts in the restaurant. There are pecans in the chicken salad though, so watch out for that. Anyway, I really like all their food, including roast beef, chicken, market freshes, and subs. They recently got rid of a ham market fresh sandwich that I really liked though, so that sucks. Also my mom just told me the bread is super unhealthy. And I thought they were market fresh! Whatever. Anyway, I enjoy the #15 combo (market fresh turkey sandwich) with either curly or regular fries, both are nice. They also have a great pepsi/dr. pepper drink selection.

Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich: This DOESN'T have bleu cheese, it has normal fried chicken, swiss cheese, and (very nice) ham, but also a TOOOON of mayo which is so gross (and no veg!). Without mayo it'd be OK, but with it it's so bad. The ham is tasty though! 6/10

Turkey Gyro: I mean, I guess. In what world are we getting greek food at Arby's though? It's fine, if you don't overthink it. Good amount of meat, sauce is good, pita is good. Onions are a little weird as they're just burger onions. Maybe beef would be better. Or even better, a roast beef sandwich! 6/10

Crispy Chicken Farmhouse Salad: This was OK, I got it with Italian dressing though which turned out to be a bad choice (IDK what else they have though?). It was pretty boring overall, and I didn't really finish it but I was eating there so that might be why. The crispy chicken was fine and not itchy I think. Not amazing but it's a salad with chicken on it. 6/10

Roast Beef 'N Cheese Slider: Definitely tasty, although it might have made me feel a bit sick. 7/10

Fire-Roasted Philly Roast Beef: This tasted good, but made me feel bad inside. I also could have done without the garlic aoili, but it was OK. As in a regular roast beefer, the meat is the best part! 6/10

Buttermilk Chicken Bacon & Swiss: This was good, but not as good as I'd hoped. The bread is a bit sweet and thick for me, the chicken didn't make me itchy but had the texture/breading of a nugget-like chicken which would. The mustard was sweeter than I'd like as well. The cheese and baco and tomato were all good -- for some reason I ate this sandwich deconstructed. In all, it was filling and under 700 cals, so that's a plus! 6/10

Ham 'N Cheese Slider: This is good! A lil ham and white cheese. 8/10

Pizza Slider: This is not my usual preference - marinara and roni-esque meat. But it was solid (the tiny size helps). 7/10

Jalepeno Poppers: A rare fast-food option! These are fine, not super spicy and a bit much cream cheese. But the "bronco berry" sauce they come with was spicy and better than I thought it'd be! 7/10

Chicken 'N Cheese Slider: These were pretty good actually! I'm not a big chicken nugget/tender person, but the cheese is tasty and the bun is soft and the chicken has lots of nice buttery breading. Filling and good. 7/10

Roast Turkey Ranch and Bacon Market Fresh (sandwich): This is just like the normal turkey market fresh, except instead of yummy mustard or not great mayo, you get a double dose of "peppercorn ranch". A massive downgrade, even from mayo I think. It's filling and would actually be a solid sandwich without the ranch. I got as a combo and made it in to two meals, so it's decent as a deal, but the ranch is a no for me. Basically like watery ranch with spots in it that have no flavor. 5/10

Chopped Side Salad: This was decadent. I got it with Italian dressing which was decent here and just the right amount. I ate it all and was happy. Cheese, tiny tomato, lettuce, pretty basic but in quarantine life it's baller. 8/10

Coke Float: This was so good! I was craving sweets and ice creams I guess, but even so, this is legit great. And a small is only 1 dollar, which I wasn't expecting. Really tasty, like a coke shake. 8/10

Smokehouse Brisket Sandwich: What is brisket, anyway? It tasted like chewy bacon here, which I like. There wasn't that much meat, mostly bread, but it was still a little too filling for me! This was good, mainly tasted of bacon and BBQ sauce with some random extra bits (mayo, cheese, bread). OK, I ate it in pieces, like a dork. The crispy onion ring bits are good too. 7/10

Classic Roast Chicken Sandwich: Really not bad!! Especially for like 300 calories, this is a solid and tasty fast food chicken sandwich. Yes, there's a lot of mayo, but the tomato was nice to have here and the bun was good minus a few stray seeds. Chicken was just generic chicken, no itchiness or soy filler. 7/10

Root Beer Float: This was also good, but not quite as good as the Coke Float! Still quite tasty and for a dollar you can't go wrong. 7/10

Chicken Tenders: Apparently they were out of coke floats even though they clearly have coke and vanilla shake mix. Woe. Anyway, chicken tenders (3pc) was still good. It was more filling than I thought for only 360calos, and the BBQ sauce that you can get is solid and they give you two of them. Soy in the breading but I think it was fine, no itching. This was fine but I do like the sandwiches better I think. 6/10

Classic French Dip & Swiss: This was a roast beef hoagie with swiss, and comes with a sizeable cup of "dip" to dip into. Really thin beef gravy basically. The bread is fluffy and so good for dippin', and the roast beef is Arby's usual tasty and foine product. Cheese is also good even if it doesn't "go" with the gravy in my opinion. I also got this as a combo which was highly decadent. Overall it was nice. 7/10

Buffalo Chicken Slider: This was tasty, even though I don't consider myself a buffalo fan (but maybe I should, it's basically just "hot sauce that looks orange" apparently). The chicken was spicier than I thought and I couldn't really taste the ranch sauce, so I guess it did its job of cooling things down. They were fresh and filling (I had one in the fridge a few hours later and it held up well)! 8/10

Roast Beef Gyro: Another tasty Arby food! This was filling and fun like a sub but with the usual tasty roast beef I love. Good food product. 7/10

Jalepeno Roast Beef Slider: All the sliders are pretty solid! This one too. Like a nice little roast beef sandwich with white cheese and a surprising kick to it. 7/10
 
Classic Roast Beef Sandwich: I didn't eat sesame seeds for a very long time before I ate this, so I was like "wait am I allergic to sesame seed bun?" but I know I love Arby's Roast Beef, so I ate it. I am not allergic to Arby sesame seed bun. Whew. This is a very classic sandwich, even if it gave me a stomach ache. 7/10
 
Iced Tea: Ew, I thought this would be refreshing but unfortunately it was real gross. Even though the website says 0 cals, they obviously poured a bunch of sugar (or something) in here. Never get this. Never ever. 4/10
 
Roast Chicken Bacon & Swiss Sandwich: Yum! This was quite nice. Juicy and filling. Not too spicy, or sweet, or oily. Moist meat. Gotta love Arbys. 7/10
 
Half Pound Roast Beef Sandwich: I regret to inform you that this is too much roast beef. The normal size is preferable! Still quality stuff though. 6/10

Roast Turkey Slider: This was my least favorite slider to date, although that might be because I was legitimately dealing with the cusp of heatstroke when I ordered it. It was really dry, bread and turkey both, and I think there was cheese on it, which is OK, and possibly a tiny bit of mayo, which was gross. Either goop it on or leave it off, Arby's! I panic ordered it which was clearly a mistake. Not terrible though, just not satisfying. 6/10

Hi-C Flashin' Fruit Punch: This isn't a drink I ever crave, but I was feeling sick and sad and this did end up cheering me up a bit! It's bright red and it tastes like Hawaiian Punch. The ice definitely made it more watery and therefore more drinkable. OK in moderation. 6/10

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [~$6]
Taste: 8/10

Laura says: I love the curly fries and Arby's sauce especially. Also the chicken strips are great. Arby's all around is wonderful. 9/10

Q says: I regret everything. 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment