Thursday, January 21, 2021

Pappas Wine Co. Pinot Noir, NV

Red wine, my fateful friend. My first instinct is that this tastes like LSA, and events with my friend Janey. Basically it makes me nostalgic and sad. I don't think I like red wine, I think every time I drink red wine. "Bleh, so tart, so much tannin" is my first taste-instinct. But it grows on you, always, woodsy and warm. I do notice the 'tobacco' notes, which I choose to recast as 'dirt, wood'. Not a huge cherry flavor like some reds have, but it's there a little bit. Basically a standard red wine in the end, with all that entails. As a pro, they answered my message promptly to say there are no nuts in their wines, which is huge for my enjoyment. Drinking this cold on day 2 was a little less tasty, more acid and less oak (and more heart burn). But I was also cranky then, so maybe we'll stick with our initial assessment!

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment