Monday, January 18, 2021

Cella's Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries

Ah, these are a classic in my family, because my dad likes 'em. Or at least I hope he does, because at Christmas he always got between 10-30 boxes. Nowadays he gets less because we have fewer family members, but it's still a tradition! I typically steal a few for myself because there are so many, even though I don't especially like them. I'd much rather have a truffle, for instance!! But, these are a Tootsie (subsidiary?) product, and they have that nice peanut-free logo on them, which I appreciate more and more every year. They're very very sweet, and the inside has an ice-cream cherry with about a teaspoon of sugary goo. I don't love dark chocolate but maybe I'd prefer the milk chocolate if I ever had 'em. Either way, these are a pleasant treat but I certainly wouldn't want hundreds of them!

Overall
Cost: 6/10 (About 4$ a box at Weis)
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment