Saturday, April 25, 2020

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe - White Cheddar (Easy Mac)

Again, I guess this technically isn't called Easy Mac (anymore?), but it certainly isn't regular Kraft Dinner/Mac n Cheesers! Which is good for now, since I don't have access to milk or butter. Just water and powder for me! So, this is white cheddar ("Deluxe") flavor, but the calories and instructions are identical to the non-deluxe cheddar. The powder, however, has been replaced by a thick gloopy "sauce". It comes out of the pouch like sour cream. Very unnerving, but when you mix it in hot (I was too unnerved to try it on its own, though I am curious), it results in a thin sauce that reminds me of my mom's homemade mac and cheese (made with Kraft singles and milk :D). The noodles here are also "ribbed" and a bit firmer, maybe to catch the sauce in their grooves? Overall I like the effect, and it does feel more deluxe actually. But the taste isn't quite up to snuff - it's a bit tasteless, even with all the salt and stuff. Could use more creaminess or stickiness, somehow. Still not bad for what it is.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment