Sunday, April 26, 2020

Artisan Tropic Cassava Strips - Sea Salt

Caveat: these expired 2 weeks ago, so I may not be getting them at their best. Apparently, I've had this company's plantain chips before too, and they were unimpressive! I'm glad to hear they are nut-free, but I still get paranoid about companies like this one with only 6 google results total (lol). Nevertheless, I've had cassava before and not died, so all's well. Cassava to me is basically potato, I can hardly distinguish it. These chips are very thin and firm; they remind me a lot of Lays chips in their mouthfeel (lol). Just a plain savory tuber, maybe more "umami" than a potato, with a little catlitter aftertaste. Quite oily and a little touch of salt. They're OK, but I'm not hungry enough to enjoy these right now I guess.


Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment