Monday, June 10, 2024

2022 Ravelston Red Blend

I generally like Australian wines, although I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just the cultural familiarity (to NZ (which has good allergy policy) ). Anyway, I'm still doing terribly health-wise, plus there's an infestation in my kitchen that I'm unable to deal with, so it was a sad no-go on the lamby recipe pairing (which I'm sure is tasty). Maybe someday! 

The bottle actually doesn't say "red blend" like this picture; instead it lists the three grapes, which is maybe better anyway. The taste does indeed have a lot of "body"; spicy, tobacco-y, all that. Smells like a pleasant red, though. Maybe better after a bit of a sit. Gotta let it breathe like in the movies! But yeah, solid to sip, horrible to chug (not that I ever chug a wine, but you know what I mean).

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [17$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment