Saturday, October 1, 2022

Tabatchnick Chicken Broth with Noodles & Dumplings

I never expected to venture into the frozen soup space, but this is a rare chicken noodle soup that has zero soy protein in it. Amazing. A true blessing. It's weird to make because it's a frozen block of soup that sort of overhangs any normal human sized bowl, so you have to have a plate underneath and an active stirring mindset, but overall the cooking was still fairly simple. The result is much less saltier/flavorful than I expected, given the salt content, but that's OK - I don't mind a bland, hot chicken water. The noodles are good, firm, eggy, and plentiful, and the little carrot squares are also good. The dumplings (n=2) are weird balls of cornmeal, not noodle/flour, but they're filling I guess. Overall, this is OK if you need a chicken soup. I don't yearn for it but I was happy to have it yesterday when I came home with a budding illness! And I'll definitely try out their other pea-free options.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment