Tuesday, December 29, 2020

YumEarth Giggles

I get that "Giggles" is supposed to evoke "Skittles", but my professional linguist opinion is that "Giggles" is a weird name for a candy. Weirder than "Chuckles" even. Anyway, these are essentially allergen free Skittles. I mean, do skittles have allergens? Well, I guess they have food coloring in them, which isn't a Top8 but which is probably annoying if you like fruit candy but have that allergy. So I'm in support even though I can just, yanno, buy Skittles. The taste of these is unfortunately way off-base. It has a weird chemical flavor to me -- soapy almost? The texture is right, and overall they did get better as I ate them, but I don't know if I'd go for these again. The green had a good flavor, and purple and yellow were also distinct and decent, but the red and orange were the most "off" to me. Fun fact: this has spirulina in, which I was scared I was allergic to, but I guess I can handle at least this small amount! Woo!

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment