Monday, December 21, 2020

Swedish Fish Mini Tropical

Ah, glorious nut-free candy. Don't worry, I only had one bag, not a whole box. So, I like regular red Swedish Fish pretty well. These were not as good. Overall I thought they were too chemical/mineral-oil-y and just kind of weird. Not "food" enough. The flavors were similar to other tropical candies, but a little worse on average:

Pink ('Beachy Punch') - This tastes like a tropical candy all right! Grapefruit,  maybe? It is pleasant, with a good texture -- a little bit old or firm, maybe because expiration is soon. 6/10

White ('Pina Colada') - Never my favorite flavor in a mix. I do get mild coconut and mostly pineapple flavor. OK, but I don't love this flavor just as a flavor in general. 5/10

Orange ('Tropical Island') - Mango vibes? This is my least favorite one, it has a strong flavor but I don't like the flavor. 4/10

Purple ('Passion Fruit') - Ooh, this tastes like the equivalent of "blue" in other tropical candies. What is the flavor supposed to be? It tastes like flowers and plum. Or it tastes like how the garden store (plant poupourri in my region) smells, but in a good way. Like lilac?! It's softer than the other flavors too, which is weird. 6/10

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment