Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Idahoan Buttery Homestyle Mashed Potatoes Cup

During this corona holiday season, I'm a moper without my traditional foods. Sure, it wasn't my first Thanksgiving alone (and probably not my last), but I couldn't even go to the store and buy snacks! So I appreciate the convenience and shippability of this Mashed Potato Easy Mac Cup. It is super easy and fast to prepare (less than 2 minutes), decently filling, and not too calorific. It tastes just like mashed potatoes, which normally I am "eh" on, but they fit the winter bill. So what's not to like? 

Well, I'll tell you what. On the outer box, these say "Contains Milk." but then on the individual cup (with no actual ingredients or nutritional info on it), it says "Contains Milk and Soy". What??! If that were peanut instead of soy I'd be crying furiously. Why are they different?! The best case scenario is that they don't actually have soy, but even just seeing that disparity is so terrifying. I emailed them, so we'll see what happens. 

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 7/10
Labelling: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment