Thursday, June 14, 2018

La Tortilla Factory Barbacoa Slow Cooker Sauce Starter

Yo, I have serious "beef" with this sauce. Actually I'm not sure if it's the sauce or the instructions or the meat I used that really boned me. What happened though is that in the end, my barbacoa turned out super dry. So the problem is that slow cooked stuff, you shouldn't look inside the pot too many times, you know, or it won't cook (that's burned me before!). The instructions say to use 2-3 pounds of chuck meat, but my pot is smaller, so I just used ~1.5lbs. I used the full amount of water/sauce mix, and exactly the time specified by the package (8hrs -- yes, it does sound long, DOESN'T IT?). Final result: mad dry meat. Thus I didn't get much flavor on it either. So now I have a ton of meat. It did shred, and it is cooked through, so I guess it's technically edible, but I am not enjoying the process. It makes a lot. The sauce tastes only of burnt meat. I cannot in good conscience recommend this, but that's OK because I've never seen it in a store anyway.

Overall
Cost: 4/10
Taste: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment