Monday, June 18, 2018

Tostito's Chunky Salsa - Medium

I've been dealing with some tooth pain, so now is the perfect time to embrace mushy foods like salsa. I was lucky that someone left this (blissfully unopened) jar of salsa behind at a party, and now that I have 0200420 tortillas to go through, this salsa has been a real blessing. I'm sure it'd be good with tortilla chips as well, but I've been using it for tacos and breakfast quesadillas, and it really helps to cool down the hot food, which is great. The taste is good, just like you'd expect, and the "medium" is hardly spicy at all, which is good I think. It's like restaurant salsa but a little chunkier, brighter red, and less cilantro/garlic. Just tomato, pepper and onion in a tomato sauce. On its own it's unremarkable, but it's a nice moist addition to many Mex-adjacent foods.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment