Monday, June 11, 2018

Homebrew Pickle Mix - Snappy Apple

So, it doesn't look like this pickle mix is even made anymore, which is a blessing in my opinion. Here's the situation: I don't really like vinegar or pickles, even though I've been trying my best to acclimate to them. But more than that, I really really dislike sweet/savory mixes. Pick one, food! And this was a pickle (ick, so savory ... but also apple (sweet?) so it was very offputting to me. The product itself is fun though, you just put some fruit in a jar and boil the packet with water, vinegar and sugar and then refrigerate it all for at least a day.

It was a super easy process and it seemed to go off without a hitch. The problem I have is more with the idea of pickled apple in the first place. They taste like a sweet and spicy pickle, except also an apple with a little cinnamon/clove added. Pickle + apple pie is not a combo that interests me. So now I have a lot of apple pickles left which I will try to foist on unsuspecting visitors. But at least I tried something new! Bad news: I still have a pineapple and onion pack left, both of which I am dreading. Maybe if I can come up with a larger dish that could incorporate them??? Is there such a thing?? Advice welcome.



Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment