Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Goya Medium Salsa Verde

"Medium-hot", huh???? If this is medium, then the medium Tostitos salsa from before is like "EXTRA SUPER MILD". What I'm saying is that this is very hot to me. I like it! It's not painful, even to my sensitive midwestern mouth, but it is spicy for sure. Way spicier than Chipotle's `hot' salsa (which I also think has a decent kick, to be honest).

The texture is almost that of applesauce (OK, sounds gross, but....) -- it's smooth, no big chunks of anything. Also tastes less acidic, less oniony, so I like it a lot. I haven't really had many green salsas because I'm scared of mole which has peanuts and is often green. And pesto! That famous Mexican pesto. Anyway I don't have a lot of salsa verdes to compare this to, but among the jarred salsas (and salsas in general) that I've had, this is one my favorites. It's really nice.

Overall
Cost: 6/10 (about 3.30$)
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment