Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Pictsweet Farms Sliced Brussels Sprouts

Some of my best friends are... PictSweet. JK, I've never heard of (nor even perceived) this brand before. But I have gotten very bored of my present frozen veg rotation, and I am extremely limited in my options (as the blog-reading crowd shouts "we know!"). This was super expensive for a frozen veg, especially since the only seasonings are salt, pepper, and oil, which I can easily apply myself, but it's the simpleness of the ingredients that allowed me to buy it, so there you go. I got super into the balsamic birds eye(?) brussels sprouts for a while because they were on clearance, but these are somewhat less flavorful. What they lack in nuance, they make up for in A Lot Of Salt and Pepper. I am not someone who puts a ton of salt and pepper on food (usually just a medium amount of pepper and red pepper), so take my reaction with a grain of salt, but there's like, an awful lot of grains of salt and pepper. I can hardly taste the Brussels! They also say to use 3 (!!!) tablespoons of oil, which I did because I didn't want a massive smoke alarm situation, but I think I could have used 2 and been fine. Quantity quibbles aside, these are tasty and brussels sprouts. I don't even miss the balsamic that much. I would definitely get these again on sale, but otherwise it's going to be a rare treat. 

Overall
Cost: 4/10 [6$]
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment