Monday, July 22, 2024

two-bite cinnamon rolls

This is a frustrating company (aren't they all)! I bought these because they had a "made in a peanut and tree-nut free facility" emblem on them. But their website ingredients say "may contain tree nuts". Many allergy moms online seem to be concerned about the issue. Me too, allergy moms! They didn't respond to my polite online inquiry. I suspect it's just that they changed locations and it's probably safe, but they could be clearer about things, that's for sure. There's also a Canadian version (which I think I had, for some reason) and a US version, with different ingredients and warnings. I tried them despite this, but I definitely wouldn't give them to an allergy kiddo under my care until they clean up their branding!

So, the taste is fine. Cinnamon rolls aren't really one of the foods I yearn for, since even though I can't have any bakery pastry, the refrigerated rolls are usually safe and are pretty good (although I'm sure a fresh one is better, I don't know it to miss it). This is definitely worse, because it's packaged and small and kind of dry/chewy. Plus there's no frosting! But it still tastes nice, just more like a small version of a cinnamon bread in a circle shape. I would consider getting them again if the allergy situation were more straightforward, but as it is I am fine with letting these "roll" out of my life.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment