Friday, July 12, 2024

Pillsbury Toaster Strudel - Cream Cheese & Strawberry

These seem so appealing on the surface. Back when I could eat a danish, or a cheese crumb pastry, those were top tier treats. This treat is bottom tier. To be fair, it comes at the end of my 'try every toaster strudel in my store' mission, and I'm experiencing heavy toaster strudel fatigue. But even if this were the first strudel subtype, I'd think "there is no cream cheese here! and the strawberry filling is Bad! a waste of a tasty pastry!". It's all true. 

The ""cream cheese"" is actually sour cream and sugar, per the ingredients, which I guess is similar to cream cheese, but tastes only like a pocket of wet air. The strawberry filling is the same as in the strawberry flavor, and I didn't like it. Too strong and medicinal. These do have little ridges on the sides of the pastry, like an empanada, which I didn't notice on the other flavors. That's fine.

To conclude the toaster strudel saga, only apple is worthwhile. There apparently exist blueberry and cinnamon flavors, both of which have potential, but neither of which are at my local shoppe. So perhaps someday we will revisit the toaster strudel mission (but not for quite a while). (It's important to have goals.)

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment