Thursday, July 11, 2024

Mott's Fruit Flavored Snacks - Berry

As a fan of the original flavor ("assorted fruit") I looked forward to this fun new experience of berry flavor. But much like with taco bell taco shells, I perceived no flavor difference between berry and assorted fruit! I would think something (else) is wrong with me, except that the ingredients are essentially the same for both flavors, so it's all down to branding and style. 

These are indeed different berry-adjacent shapes and colors, including cherry (arguably, not a berry) and pink (arguably, not the color of a berry). So, I like these a lot, but not in a fun new way, just in a familiar old way. Good texture, pleasant sweet taste. The highlight is that the wrappers now have Spanish/English translations of various Noun-Adjective pairs, mostly animals (gato blanco) and items in the natural world (shiny star). The Spanish includes articles, which makes sense because of Spanish, but the English doesn't, which doesn't make sense from a translation perspective and is why I could never aspire to design Mott's fruit snacks wrappers! 

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment