Thursday, November 2, 2023

Ray's No Sugar Added Original Barbecue Sauce

Nooooo I bought this without fully internalizing the ingredients, since I only skim for allergens (there are none, unless you count mustard seed) and not SUGAR SUBSTITUTES! Foolishly I assumed "no sugar added" just meant "we didn't put sugar in" and not "we put in some sucrose and allulose instead of cane sugar, enjoy your weird taste and tummy ache hehe". I do not enjoy. In their defense, it smells the same as the Sweet Baby version, and if you had diabetes or whatever, maybe it'd be a good choice. But I do not and I do not want artificial sweeteners in my life. The taste is basically normal at first, but there is a chemically aftertaste that does come across. Weird vibes, man. I may actually just buy another sauce rather than eating this one. Maybe I can give it to my mom! 

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste; 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment