Monday, November 20, 2023

Apple Jacks (with Spooky Marshmallows)

Months of horrible experiences with Apple Jacks Pop Tarts (terrible) and Apple Jacks Cereal Bars (not great) have made me wary of Apple Jacks cereal (fine). But worry not, me, this is fine, and doesn't have the offensive cinnamon non-foodstuff flavor of those other Apple Jack products! This is just normal ol' frootloopy Apple Jacks, with a few bat and ghost shaped (I think) marshmallows thrown in. Does Apple Jacks go with marshmallows? Not really. But they don't detract, it's just kind of like "OK, you guys are here too". Weirdly, these marshmallows are not the normal Chomp Chomp Lucky Charms firmbois, but instead have the bite and chew of a hot chocolate marshmallow! I've never had a cereal marshmallow with "give" before. It's interesting but I don't have a strong preference either way. This cereal doesn't need to exist, but it's a lot better than some of the limited edition cereals I've been trying.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment