Friday, November 3, 2023

Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Peppers (Mild)

I didn't even realise you could buy peppers in a jar like a pickle! It makes sense, though. Blessedly, these AREN'T pickled, so they don't have a horrible taste of vinegar. But they do taste like salty wet jar peppers, which isn't necessarily my favorite thing. I guess they taste like the italian peppers from an italian sub, so that's one mystery solved, and the convenience factor really can't be beat. (Though they only last a week after opening, so you better have Pepper Plans). They didn't elevate pizza for me, personally, so I don't know what to do with them myself. I definitely don't want to eat them plain -- I tried it and could just barely get through one piece before feeling very grossed out. I guess hot sandwiches are probably the best case here? But if you need jarred peppers, these are just fine for what they are.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment