Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Raaka Dragon Fruit Swirl

Look at that pink swirl! It's beautiful, and the real thing is just like the picture. Definitely the prettiest bar so far.... at least from the bottom! Unfortunately the swirl doesn't permeate the bar, it's just on the bottom side. But we can eat upside-down. Anyway, I like the idea of a part white-choco (aka the gritty melty coconut milk stuff, I'm an old hat at Raaka now) and part dark-choco choco. Unfortunately the dark choco is so strong that you hardly notice it. I tried to isolate the pink stuff, and I didn't get a strong flavor -- just more vaguely spicy cocomilk. But there was a hint of fruitiness (and not dark choco fruitiness, actual fruit fruitiness)....I think. It was subtle, let's say. I do like this one, but I'm starting to think I want the Ben and Jerry's of choco: more mix-ins! Don't skimp on the mix-ins! (Unless they're legumes, then skimp real hard.) A top flavor though, it's fun. Intriguingly, the label says nut free even though there's coconut! Maybe it was an accident, or maybe they're finally branding as nut free even though the FDA considers coconut a nut (erroneously!) :D

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment