Sunday, February 26, 2023

Mrs. Smith's Dutch Apple Pie

Okay Mrs Smiths!! This is a solid pie. Unfortunately it is 3500 calories or so. But it tastes good as apple pies do. The crumble topping basically turned into a regular crust topping for me, which made me worry I overcooked it, but then the filling was kind of white and goopy which made me worry I undercooked it. I dunno, man. It also did have a hint of the "animal fat/rancid" taste I got from the Mrs Smith's pumpkin pie, so I guess I didn't spill gravy in that one but rather there's something weird that I'm sensitive too in these pie fillings. That's too bad. It's only in some bites here though. I also think it's better warm (or tepid) than cold, so I might try microwaving it for my next slice. And did I mention the high calorie count? But it does taste good. 

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment