Thursday, February 16, 2023

2020 Empyrean Eridanus Claret

Hmm. This wine is significantly above my usual wine-price-point, but I also do like it, and I'm wondering if I actually DO love luxury goods but only if they're wines. Much to consider. Anyway, this ought to pair with duck, but I have no duck access right now. It's from a company that makes only 4 wines, all reds, and some of them are only available sometimes. I like the forced scarcity aspect; it's why In n Out is so good (also no nuts). And they have cute constellation names, even though I've never heard of Eridanus. The label art could use a little zhuzh, it kind of looks like a phone book, which I associate with European snooze fest wines -- yet this is American! OK, on to the taste: it tastes good. Very smooth. It's a red blend - mostly merlot and cab sav. Is that what "claret" means? What on earth is a claret? (Wiki: "A dry red wine produced in the Bordeaux region of France, or a similar wine made elsewhere") OK, it's a dry red wine. Actually it doesn't feel that dry to me. But it's very drinkable. Solid warm red, still good on day 3. I'll go back to this well again, if I even can!

Overall
Cost: 3/10 [29$]
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment