Monday, February 13, 2023

Idahoan Buttery Homestyle Mashed Potatoes

I assume the cup version tastes similar to this bag version, but the bag feels much classier, anyway. So I got this because it was 8 servings and I wanted a backup for Thanksgiving in case the real potatoes didn't pan out. But they did, so I made this all for myself at home with turkey/corn leftovers. It was way too much potato. It actually went well with greens + jalepenos, so that's a good option for a starchy meal for quar times (or post-quar times, even). They do have a buttery taste but it isn't overwhelming or fatty tasting. They do also have a bit of artificialness to them, but it doesn't bother me much, although it is noticeable, especially without gravy. All the more reason to gravy boat! These are so cheap/fast to make that I can't knock 'em too much. And whatever labelling issues I had with the cups wasn't present here!

Overall
Cost: 7/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment