Friday, September 23, 2022

School Safe Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffin Bars

I always assumed "school safe" was top 8 free, so I avoided these in my store because top 8 free either means they taste like trash or they have pea protein or something shady in 'em. But these are just nut and dairy free, not gluten-free! So they still resemble a fairly normal cakey. Praise the lord (and Canada, where these are made). They weren't even that pricy -- I think 5$ for a box of 8. Therefore, I was pleased. They taste like a bit of banana bread. My box expired in (1) day from purchase, so I did put it in the freezer as suggested. When frozen, they aren't as good, so you really should let it thaw. But thawed, they taste like a less decadent version of my grandma's banana chocolate chip bars, which I adored. Thanks, School Safe!

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment