Monday, August 9, 2021

Lucille Restaurant

Minor drama ensued when we tried to pick a dinner place on a Covid-Sunday in Madison (everything nut free was far or closed)! Eventually we landed here, on this hip pizza place. We split Cheese Curds as an app, and let's just say, it's no poutine. Maybe they weren't great ones, but they basically were like cold mozz sticks. The ranch sauce was good, the marinara was marinara. I ate almost all of them anyway because I'm an animal, but it didn't impress me. 

Then we got 'The Standard' steel pan pizza (see photo), because I heard that "Madison Pizza" is apparently a style and I wanted to try the local hotness. The local hotness is weird -- basically a baby chicago pizza, very very thick crust, tasted good but supremely filling and not my platonic ideal of pizza. Quinn thought "no thank you". Ah well, I didn't die!

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment