Wednesday, August 25, 2021

2020 Castillo de Logroño Rioja Garnacha

Garnacha, it turns out, is Spanish for Grenache. (Or is Grenache French for Garnacha?!). A solid red wine. I didn't get strong vanilla/chocolate/berry/cinnamon notes from this (the supposed flavor notes), but I did enjoy it as well as pretty much any red wine you'd enjoy. Slight cherry/woodsy flavor, not too strong in any direction or too acidic. Gave me a pretty tingly/heart palp-y reaction, which is making me wonder if I have a sulfate allergy ha ha. But the wine was nice. I did think it was less good cold, but here on day 2, I'm pairing it with the Smoked Cheddar and Ham Toasties with Fig “Mostarda” recipe and it's working for me. Almost like a fancy juice. Downsides, the cork is an OG cork and they didn't answer my (spanish AND english) allergy inquiry, at least not yet. But I also did not perish, at least not yet.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment