Friday, August 13, 2021

Gilliam Old Fashioned Candy Sticks

Alas, the three of these I got were all broken in at least 2 parts. But on the plus side: apparently the current maker of these says all their products are top-8 free. Pretty fortunate! And the sticks are individually wrapped with ingredients on them, so I feel good about that. 

Blueberry: This flavor tasted OK, but not as good as I'd hope. It didn't really have a distinctive flavor, just generic 'sweet' and even medicinal at points. But also enjoyable at points. At least these last for a few minutes, and are better than EnjoyLife lollies! Shrug 6/10

Passion Fruit: What is passion fruit, anyway? Is it an actual fruit [edit: yes]? I feel like I should know this. Anyway, whatever it's supposed to be, this stick tasted like pineapple and papaya. Tropical, I guess. It was sweet, and had a more distinctive flavor than that weak blueberry one, so I prefer this. 7/10

Birthday Cake: Well, this is an interesting flavor of candy stick! I think it was pretty accurate to piece of cake -- sweet, a little buttery, a little cloying but not as gross as it could be (see: birthday cake gum). Not my favorite flavor, but well-executed. 6/10

Blackberry: Very similar to what I remember of the blueberry -- kind of a strange, artificial flavor to it. Not bad, and very pretty to look at, but not really that tasty either. 5/10

S'Mores: This is a pretty good one -- tastes mostly like marshmallow, but with a little sweet smokey flavor added in. Shades of Jelly Bean s'mores flavor, but less cloyingly sweet. 6/10

 

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment