Friday, February 19, 2021

Idahoan Cheddar Broccoli Hearty Soup

So, Idahoan never got back to me about their contradictory allergy labelling, which isn't great. Yet I decided to support them by buying a bunch of soup. Oops. But in my defense, you only need water to make these, this supposedly doesn't have soy protein in it, and I like soup. I like soup! Sue me! :D:

This is pretty solid, anyway. It's a pot of warm, filling, potatoey mush. I admit it was weirdly salty and sugary for a soup, and it had an aftertaste of sugar cookies, which was very very weird. But, I like it. It's cheap, easy to cook, didn't make me itchy, and isn't super calorific even though the salt/sugar stats are no bueno. Not a ton of brocco (or cheese) flavor, mostly sweet + potato, which sounds kind bad, but it's really not bad. Pleasant soup. I will try adding veg to it at some point, because that seems like it might be an upgrade.

Overall
Cost: 6/10 [2.50$ at Walmart.com]
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment