Thursday, February 11, 2021

De Cecco Pennoni Pasta

DeCecco is a fairly new pasta brand for me -- I've mostly stuck to the Barillas and the Ronzonis that I'm used to. And I've never had any allergy issues with those pastas, but Barilla does make a lot of legume-heavy varieties and Ronzoni is a little cheap feeling, so I thought I'd check out DeCecco, since they don't seem to make any legume noodles but they also seem fancier than Ronzoni (no shade to Ronzoni, I still like you). This shape is also fun and new -- pennoni is like big, smooth penne. I like that. The cook time is 10-12 minutes, but even that wasn't enough, because my noodles were still pretty firm. I should have given them more time. That's not ideal because I got used to my 5min Ronzonis, but the taste was good otherwise, and the shape is very fun. I'll cook em more next time!

Overall
Cost: 5/10 (About 2$)
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment