Thursday, February 25, 2021

A La Mode Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream

Just finished a 2-day job interview for my dream job that I have a very slim chance of getting, so I decided to bust into this bad boy. You can tell I've been hoarding for a while, since it isn't really pumpkin spice season. Anyway, this is a really similar vibe to the last two flavors I tried - the cranberry (aka cinnamon) apple tart and the ginger cookies (aka cinnamon) brown sugar. Here too, as is usual with pumpkin spice, there's a heavy cinnamon flavor. BUT, there's also pumpkin puree, so the color is a fun orangey brown. Also noteable -- there's no mix-ins, no cookie bits, no swirls, which normally I'd see as a con, but this flavor is much creamier, texturewise, than the previous ones, which I like better. The actual pumpkin flavor does come through a little bit, and I also kind of get a minty (or maybe just refreshing) note, which is completely random but I love mint so I kind of like it. Overall this is perfectly pleasant, and the texture makes it seem like a very posh gelato treat, which is great. Good for little bowls, if I have the self-restraint!

Overall
Cost: 3/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment