Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Mutti Simply Sugo Sauce - Grilled Vegetables

I only know Mutti from Tomato Paste, so it's no surprise that this sauce tastes a little bit like tomato paste! But, in a good(ish) way -- deep tomato flavor, almost bitterness. Definitely unique among pasta sauces. It's not especially sweet even though sugar is an added ingredient, and there are nice chunks of zucchini and eggplant in there that you can actually taste (therefore I count this as a veg!). I think this is decent, and I like the savory vibe and small jar size. I wish there weren't sugar in it, and the taste isn't exactly what I like, but it's solid and I'd get it again if offered. BTW, "sugo" is Italian for sauce, but I can only read it as "simply sugoi!" which makes me giggle.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment