Sunday, August 2, 2020

Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes

These are good! Sadly they require milk and butter to make, which is super unrealistic during this no-leaving-the-house time for me, but I had to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy recently and so I've had a few crazy days of dairy in my life. So these were exciting and good. The potatoes themselves were oddly firm, as in they didn't feel totally cooked even though they surely were, which I actually kind of liked as long as it doesn't signify they were old or bad or something. This has a nice nostalgic taste, fatty and distinct, almost like a hearty potato soup with cheese in it. No soy in here so no allergy worries. I made this in the oven because I didn't even realise there were other options like stovetop, but I think the oven worked well because they weren't too runny and had just a tinge of brown on top. Makes a solid 2 servings for me personally, even though it says it's 4.5 servings. Lol.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment