Thursday, August 13, 2020

Barilla Veggie Rotini

 

This is perfect for someone like me who loves pasta but also tries to eat a veg every day.  The truth is, even though I was just saying the Barilla website is great for allergy info, I was still nervous to eat this because it turns out they also make lentil/chickpea pastas (even rotini shaped I think) and those aren't allergens they have to label but are bigtime allergens for me. So there is a CC risk probably for that. Plus, the color of these is nowhere near as dark green as the Ronzoni veggie pasta (although it is greener than regular Barilla pasta) so I was like "what if it's mislabelled!?", but long story short I ate it and was fine. Decent texture, a little firmer and less tasty than regular pasta (maybe?) but less different than the Ronzoni version (which I assume means there's less veg, but that's alright). This was fine with sauce but I also thought it was decent with oil/spices/1 string cheese, which is cool and versatile. About 7min to cook, about 5 one cup servings per box. No complaints and will probably buy again (or look for a different shape that isn't also a chickpea shape? If such a thing exists.)

Overall
Cost: 7/10 (1$ only!)
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment