Sunday, July 5, 2020

A La Mode Speed Bump Ice Cream Bars

Ice cream!!! My kind and risk-taking boyf picked these up at his local Giant. I am still not going to the store, but I went to his house to eat these. :P Ice cream is one of those foods where most brands have a risk of nut contamination but they often won't list it, and since the pandemmy I've gotten even more cautious with what I'm willing to eat, so all the usual brands I love (Ben and Jerry's, mainly) are on the no-go list. But this is a special nut-free ice cream brand that still uses milk like normal humans. No eggs either, but I don't think that really makes a big difference in the taste.

So, these are chocolate covered bars of chocolate ice cream. Chocolate is my least favorite ice cream flavor, but with the mix-ins here it's actually good. The mix ins are white/milk chocolate chips and marshmallows. Now the marshmallows have soy protein, which I usually avoid, but since I wasn't alone I took the risk of eating it anyways and I was fine. So I think it's probably a really small amount. The marshmallows are the biggest mix-in, and they are super chewy which is a fun difference in texture. The white chocolate chips taste great and are nice and firm (another textural fun thing). The milk choco chips are a lot less noticeable but also probably good. This was super fun to eat and not healthy, but only 200 cals and feels like a decent size! What a fun treat!!!

Overall
Cost: 2/10 (IDK about in stores, but it's very expensive to ship online, like 20$)
Taste: 8/10 (If it were vanilla ice cream, would be 10/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment