Monday, October 29, 2018

2016 Nexo Rioja

Whew, this is a "high tannin" wine! AKA it feels really....dry? My wine terminology isn't quite up to snuff. Also, I'm still sick, but listen, we gotta live our lives at some point, you know? Anyway, I made the recommended ricotta toasts with garlic greens yesterday (they were good), but I'm too full to actually pair them with the wine. So who knows how the pairing goes down. But the wine is good, it's fine. At first I was hesitant to enjoy this wine, because it is fairly sharp(?) but it's also got a nice fruitiness to it, like cherry maybe. And that's with the sniffles! I also got a little cork in there by accident, but I don't think I can taste the difference. Anyway, this is a nice wine. The more I sip it, the more I like it - but I'm only having 1 glass tonight! Because I'm sick! Still, I look forward to tomorrow. And the tree on the bottle is super cute. And Chance the Rapper is pretty good paired with this.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [18$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment