Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Sara Lee White Bread Made with Whole Grain

I don't want to bury the lede (I hate that phrase) -- this is terrible. OK, now you know the punchline.

So I was making eggs and I wanted bread. Until this review, my go-to bread has been Sara Lee honey wheat, because it was soft, long lasting, tasted great, and had fiber. But I wanted white bread for eggs. So I figured, OK, a white bread with a little whole grain, sounds perfect. Well first thing's first, the taste is hot garbage. It's weirdly sweet and plasticy and grainy. The texture is super off/rough. It even smells a little weird. Probably the worst sliced bread I've ever had. The only plus is that it holds up to a little weight, unlike your wonderbread might.

The other HUGE negative is that on the package, there is no nut allergy warning (obviously, or I'd not have bought it). But when I went to their website just now, all the breads (including the wheat one I always get, and this one) have a tree nut allergy warning. What the heck?????? If they have that info, why on earth wouldn't they put it on the package? Did I just miss it? If so, they need to make it more obvious, but I'm pretty sure it's not on there since I've bought their bread at least 200 times. True, I clearly haven't died yet, but jesus man. Time for a new bread. Also this one is gross. Rant over.

Overall
Cost: 7/10 (About 2$)
Taste: 4/10
Safety: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment